This guide is about how to download Kodi APK Android App which is available for all the Android devices including Samsung, HTC, Lenovo, etc.
For those of you who are already familiar with XBMC, Kodi would be much easier to understand. We know that XBMC was open-source software for the effortless playing of various media extensions and much more, created by a group of volunteer programmers from all around the world in 2003.
Later on, the name was modified to Kodi APK Android with nearly 450 software developers contributing to this software, and more than 100 translators included. If you are fond of home theaters, then Kodi can help turn your simple PC into one.
It can play all the media extensions, videos, games and digital media too. Kodi turned into a non-profit organization in the year 2009 and had been providing innovative software facilities.
With Kodi software, it becomes easier to download your favourite movies at a free cost. Plus the streaming is fast and without any pauses. There is clarity of picture as you receive full HD videos.
The library is easy to manage and lets you browse efficiently. The official remotes can also be connected to your phones and tablet devices so that you navigate effortlessly.
Download Kodi for Android APK (Official):
Kodi application is compatible with all existing operating systems such as Mac OS, Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Linux, etc.
Its interface is very user-friendly and also has the options of the remote control to undertake tasks. Though, it has slightly advanced requirements than conventional 2D style software applications.
Since all the videos are high definition, the CPU must support the decoding of these videos. It is advised to have a dual-core processor or more with a 3D capable hardware controller.
Various versions of Kodi APK have been introduced lately by the company. You can now play and stream videos on your Android app too. You can download Kodi from the Play store but to play movies and TV shows you would need to download some add-ons, which are accessible online.
You can watch all of them on your Android device without any cost. It has been tested on various Android-based phones to check the validity of the fact. But make sure you have access to a reliable and good internet connection.
The process of installing Kodi Android App on your device is not tedious or time-consuming. We are going to illustrate a step by step installation procedure for Kodi and add-ons. The process is as follows:
Kodi APK Download for Android:
- If you do not have Play Store, then you need to change a setting. It can be unchanged after installing Kodi.
- Firstly, go to settings options of your phone, click on Security and check for unknown sources. A disclaimer box appears, click OK and continue.
- Then visit this official link and click downloads options.
- A new page will appear showing various current releases for all operating systems and devices.
- Select the Android icon and download the Kodi.Ask app files from your browser. Kodi.tv/download, then Android ARM file.
- It will start to download after that click on the Install now option.
- After the installation is complete, Kodi would launch up itself and prepare for the first run.
- Your application is ready to use.
Kodi APK Android Download:
For devices that already have Played store, this is the easiest process.
- Go to Google Play Store and search for Kodi app.
- You will be directed to install the file. Click on the option and begin the process.
- It would take only a few minutes to complete the installation.
- When the installation is complete, you will be directed to the Kodi screen where it will initialise the first run.
- After that, you are free to stream videos or watch your favorite movie in Android The interface is quite interactive to any first time user and guides you automatically through it.
You can also install the Kodi APK Android by visiting its official website where all the versions are available with latest updates. The updates are initiated automatically in all operating systems and Android phones but not in Linux. In case you are using a Kodiubuntu based operating system, you will have to keep updating Kodi manually. To watch movies, you need to install a few add-ons. The most popular ones are 1Channel, Genesis and Navi-X. You can locate all the relevant add-ons in a repository. The process is as follows:
- In Kodi, go to system and file manager
- Click on Add Source
- Further, Click on None
- Add the relevant URL and type the name of the add-on in below box
- Click OK. Go to the system again and select settings
- Install from the Zip file and click on the add-on.
- Click on the version and install.
Kodi for Android Features:
It is available for all systems to be it Windows PC, Mac OS, Linux or Android with a 10-foot user interface television controls. This software also supports all major movies formats and also online video streaming formats like 3D, HEVC, WEBM. Apart from that, Kodi APK can download the movie posters, disc art related to them, thus making it more interactive.
Are you a fan of TV shows, then Kodi Android is useful there too. It provides the full descriptions related to TV shows such as seasons, banners, tags, details of actors and further organizing your library with special programs. The photos can be imported to the library and easily browsed using a remote control.
Its interactive interface allows you to record a live TV or watch it. To keep it up to date regular add-ons are available for videos, music, etc. Furthermore, through its UPnP compatibility streaming from one Kodi to another Kodi eases synchronizing your data. Lastly, the skin of this software is customizable, hence giving you the option to set it as per your style. It has many inbuilt skins with a wide range of choices.
I really hope that you enjoyed this amazing guide on how to download Kodi APK or you can also say Kodi for Android and if you faced any issue then kindly visit our website in future also.
Kodi has GUI interface which supports and aids in browsing photos, videos, music from a hard disk, optical disk, the internet or a local user with a simple click. Since it is open-source software, the coding and programming for plug-ins are done using C++ language.
Visit our website Kodi Download for more details.